Sunday, July 6, 2014

Free Leonard Peltier


Leonard Peltier Freedom Campaign

Greetings my Friends, Relatives and Supporters:

I was thinking the other day about Independence and the idea of an “Independence day”.   Our people never knew the word "independence", we were just naturally independent. We were not reliant on anything but ourselves, our land, and the Creator.  Now it seems we have become dependent on a lot of things that are not natural.
I long for independence.  People often ask me what I want when and if I get out of here.

It’s simple: I want to go home. I want to feel the coolness of grass under my feet. I want a home-cooked meal.  I want to be able to hug my family and tell jokes to my grandchildren. I want to sit outside and paint something that I am actually looking at not just from my memory. 
That is all, really.  I just want a few simple things for the time I might have left here on Earth.
 images-1.jpeg
No one can say I have not been patient.
Over the years we have struggled with the ups and downs of the judicial and political systems.  Yet, even with all the disappointment that has taken place in the last 40 years I am still hopeful. I cannot give up hope; in here, no hope = death.
There is an old adage, that if you want things to BE different you have to DO them different. We have worked in the best possible way to get the strongest and best legal team we possibly could, and in doing so, we now face the challenge of coming up with enough money to afford this team.  
I am very fortunate that the absolute best Attorney for this type of action has said that he would take on my case. He is a proven legal warrior and has much success to his credit. He is highly sought after and I need to book him immediately by paying his retainer.   If each of you out there could afford to donate something, it would be appreciated on every level of my being. We need to come up with $50k right away.

There are so many causes and so many people in need, I only ask you to follow your heart and if you are not drawn to help my cause, please help someone or some cause.

After 39 years I have learned that nothing is a guarantee, but I have to try.  I am not ready to give up just yet.  I really do not want to die in here. I cannot say that I will come out of here and be your champion, or leader, I can only say that I have done my best to make a difference from in here, for 38 years.  I have done my best to help other inmates, and to care as best I could for all people and the Earth from in here.  

We are a strong and beautiful people.  If our truths and our love of our Mother Earth does not prevail than no person anywhere and not even nature itself will be safe and protected. 


Unknown.jpegimages.jpeg





I want to say a deep and forever thank you to all of you who have stood by me for so many years and also to the ones who have recently become aware of my situation. I truly hope to be with you all soon. 

Your Brother, Relative, and Friend in Need.

Leonard Peltier

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse
Mitakuye Oyasin

howyoucanhelpIRWP.jpg


There are brand-new and exciting ways you can help Leonard with his Legal Fees:

We have started a fundraising campaign on Indiegogo JUST for Leonard’s Legal Fees.
It launched at Midnight last night — Help Leonard out for as little as 5 Dollars!

 https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/free-leonard-peltier/x/8081078

Pick up a Ltd. Edition T- Shirt, hoodie, or tank from our fundraiser on TeeSpring:

http://teespring.com/freeleonardpeltier     front.jpg

Many of Leonard’s art prints are now available on Leonard’s website along with bumperstickers, patches and videos:

http://www.leonardpeltier.info/shop

You can donate directly on Leonard’s Website:  

https://leonardpeltierfreedomcampaign.nationbuilder.com/donate

Or by sending a check to:  ILPDC 255 Primera Blvd., Suite 160, Lake Mary, FL 32746

If you are unable to contribute financially, please consider offering some time or
perhaps just walk a mile in Leonard’s shoes by getting the word out!  
http://www.facebook.com/events/456793441124205/
walkamile.png 
Tell your friends, families, co-workers or anyone who will listen.

Please JOIN the Fight For Leonard’s Freedom, he won’t get out without our help.

Thank You!

 38.jpg
Leonard Peltier Freedom Campaign · 255 Primera Blvd, 160, Lake Mary, FL 32746, United States
  You can  keep up with Leonard Peltier on Twitter or Facebook.

Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a few simple comment rules:

(a) No

1. rudeness
2. falsehood
3. deception
4. unfair tactics
5. comment spam
6. shilling or trolling

(b) stay on topic; and

(c) anonymous comments are okay, but sign with a handle so we'll know which "Anonymous" you are.

Thanks for commenting.

Ray